Thread: Shell Rotello
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 06:31 AM   #53
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
Just a note on deleting, when you go to trade your unit in that the DEF system has been deleted, some dealers don’t want the truck. I just added a fuel additive to boost the cetane level that makes your vehicle run cleaner, plus the diesel particulate filter does not soot up as fast. Just traded my 2011 Chevy Silverado Duramax(147,000 miles) for a 2022 1 ton srw. Dealer asked if I deleted, wasn’t going to take truck in on trade. Just an fyi
I've heard the same thing. Texas even spells it out clearly:

Quote:
Vehicle Sales

Texas law prohibits any person from selling, offering for sale, leasing, or offering to lease any vehicle not equipped with all emission control systems or devices in good operable condition. Violators are subject to penalties under the Texas Clean Air Act of up to $25,000 per violation. Buyers are advised to have the vehicle checked for all required emission control devices prior to purchasing a new or used vehicle.

A vehicle may not be legally sold if its original engine has been replaced with another certified engine but without the related emission control components. Tampering includes the failure to install the emission controls associated with an engine configuration.
https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airqualit...tampering.html
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote