View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 02:31 PM   #10
OzMonties
Established Member

M.O.C. #22325
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
My replacement slideout hydraulic cylinder arrived so now I just have to install it.

Lippert has a pretty good guide to installing a replacement cylinder, but I’m just wondering if you guys know of a better / easier way. I know that often, when working on cars, that the official shop manual sometimes makes the job harder or more complicated than it needs to be.

So, those you who’ve replaced a hydraulic cylinder, did you follow the Lippert instructions or did you find a better way?

Thank you!

If it were me making this video, I’d have shown a much simpler way of setting the stroke on the cylinder, see pic attached.
Measure first the rear smaller dimension as shown on the top representation of the cylinder, followed by the larger with the rod retracted. Them measure the next with the rod extended, record your findings then set your new cylinder to the same values.
If your New cylinder is different in construction to you old one as shown in the video, my method provides you a firm base line to setting it to the same values to ensure the new cylinder doesn’t rip the side wall out of your FW.

Bleeding! You will need to bleed Both sides of the cylinder, failure to get the bulk of the air out could result in slide creep, meaning the slide may creep Open when you need it to stay shut.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	962C4AF6-3F5C-4581-8C70-79023918A5E1.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	10840  
OzMonties is offline   Reply With Quote