View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 06:04 AM   #1
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Help with UMHW on Darco

I'm about to start the process of adding UMHW strips to our 2019 331RL MHC. For those who have done it I have a few questions:

I plan to place them along the edge and at each place where the Darco seems worn. It appears the Darco "drags" at about every 16". Does the 16" on center spacing seem reasonable?

On my kitchen slide, the inside edge is raised with a wood trim strip. Can I run the UMHW strip all the way to the inside edge even though the screws will only be on the outside of the slide?

Is there a way to fasten the UMHW to the inside edge. Adhesive?

On the living room / dining room slide, the bottom of the slide slopes up to allow the slide to drop in place in the last few inches of extension. Can I run the UMHW all the way to the inside edge here and is it possible to fasten the UMHW to that edge? Adhesive?

Some people stop the UMHW strip on the exterior of the slide before the wear bar and slope the leading edge of the UMHW strip. Is this preferred and has anyone had an issue with the UMHW strip "not" ramping up onto the wear bar?

I know there are some links here to others who have done this but I'm not finding the answers I'm looking for. Any advice or assistance will be appreciated!