View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 06:10 PM   #10
Rbeitz

M.O.C. #21248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Rbeitz, you made me go look again and yep! I think you are right. At least there is a T on the water line coming up to the sink. One side goes to the sink, the other side goes into a valve and back to the floor. I guess I never noticed it before until now. That would make sense though, because under the kitchen floor there is a cold water drain valve. And where the line come through the trailer frame under the slide, I added another drain at that junction. Easy to remove, it's just a 1/2 inch threaded PVC valve.

So, in the winter, when we are still using water in the camper. I shut off the valve in the sink. Open the drain valve under kitchen floor outside, I can remove the line on the valve by the refrigerator and let it drain.

Thanks.
For winter, I turn off the valve under the sink and open the drain under the trailer that is midway under the kitchen floor. I then go to the outside of the frame and disconnect the flexible line that runs under the slide and let that drain. That seems to let all the water drain from behind the fridge and valve close to the fridge. I also let the ice maker stay on for a few hours to cycle any water that may be left in it. This method has worked for me for three winters now and I have not had to run the pink stuff to the icemaker. So far no freezing, even though we have had some near zero temps for several days at a time.
Rbeitz is offline   Reply With Quote