View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 08:39 PM   #14
MoblieHilton

M.O.C. #23902
I have been battling the AC issue from Day one.. there are several things you need to look at to improve your systems.. First is to remove all your ceiling ac vents and check the foil tape sealing the ducts.. I found all of mine had one layer tape and all had tears and holes allowing hot attic air infiltration.. I added 2 layers of foul tape to seal all ceiling duct openings.. second while the vents was out I trim the vent insert that was protruding in the duct about a inch to be level with the opening, then took out every other slat out of the rotating insert to increase air flow.. I also had in the beginning if found the return air ducts collapsed, so the dealer install the PVC to keep the return air ducts open.. This past weekend I added other mods to help.. I took out the PVC yhe dealer added and a
Replaced with a 1.5 flexible hose in each return duct..approx 3 feet long each (I used pool vacume hose).. to keep the ducts open the full length of the returns.. while I had the AC's off I also added a piece of metal in supply box bent in the middle then bent to make like a scoop to send air directly to each supply ducts. I the foil taped in supply duct with the peak in the middle under the squirrel cage to balance the air flow to each supply duct. While you have the units open clean and service the cos and check you frost sensors to make sure they are in place on the coil.. one of mine was off.. Lastly I changed out the Dometic thermostats out to Microairs thermostats (pricey but well worth the investment) The air flow is much much better.. It was 90 degrees in unit when I got done with mods.. took about 1.5 to 2 hrs to get coach to 75 degrees and was able to maintain that throughout the afternoon...this weekend will be the true test... hope this helps!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210627_130649.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	9508   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210627_130458.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	9509   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210627_130644.jpg
Views:	51