View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 11:25 AM   #16
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
When I bought my 2014 in Dec of 2013 the tech at the PDI told me what LCI said to do and then he told me what worked. I've been using a mixed of that advice for 7 years. Only recently have I had problems.

What has always worked in the past on slightly un-level sites is to raise the front to get it unhitched, move the truck, then press auto level. That way the LCI system remembers what height you unhitched at. So when it's time to hitch up, you press the right and left arrows at the same time to return to the height where you unhitched. That's a feature on the Hydraulic LevelUP.

However, I've found that it's best the let the pin ride up the front part of the Reese plate to guarantee a perfect hitch up, at least on my hitch type. So the return to unhitch position is not that useful.

What the tech said years ago was to raise the pin to unhitch, move the truck so then the trailer dips during the leveling process it wouldn't hit the bed. Then auto level. For hitch up he said to always retract the rear first, then adjust the front for hitching up.

I won't know if mine is fixed until I test it on a few different sites the next time we camp.

However, if I hit auto level and the front dives way down, I hit the power button on the LCI panel before it reaches the stops. Then I level using manual mode.

If you get an error about you are too unlevel, but you know it's your sensors, you can tell the system you are level and then that should give you some degrees to bring it to level using manual mode and a bubble level. After it's really level, reset the level again.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote