View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 11:03 AM   #15
Wisconsin Retiree
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28036
I learned this past weekend that before using Auto level make sure the trailer front is elevated at the very least a couple inches or more above mid point before u begin. Especially, if you are in a situation where the ground slope under trailer front is up higher than the rear. Otherwise, if skeptical use manual level process. My issue was front dipped down on Auto level until the pads were sucked all the way in and would not finish leveling up. Instead, pad screen read grounding fault and continued to attempt to relevel but kept failing and then pad would time out and stop process.. I was worried about the motor getting so warm & burning out. I left it alone to cool down for a bit and upon return when u push manual to attempt to raise everything back the relays would just click when pushed but motor would not raise legs up. Everything had power, relays, both sides of the motor would receive up & down power but just clicks. I waited for my jack of ALL trades brother to arrive. He figured it out in minutes. He stated the check ball in the hydraulic system had too much pressure put on it from pushing down on the legs and was not able to move the fluid to raise up. Extremely carefully, he ever so gently gave some short tiny taps on motor & each tap the system purged up a 1/4 to half inch until it finally started to slowly raise on its own and then began to push fluid as normal. All is well and working normal so I just did a manual level at that site and Auto level at the next location. I guess we could have attempted to release pressure by cracking a line but that would have been very messy?? I could not find anything on the web or Lippert info on front jacks grounding error. Thank God for my Bro!