View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 12:32 PM   #36
Andy Smith
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25951
The saga continues! Lippert advised that they could replace the jack under warranty, but not provide labor, since we're technically outside of warranty. My extended service plan will only pay labor if I take the unit to one of their service centers, which isn't an option for me. I'm considering either calling someone local to Charlotte NC (where I'm currently at) to swap them, or attempting it myself. I'm a little concerned about trying it myself as I have no experience in this. I think after watching one be replaced I'd feel comfortable, but I don't want to over/under tighten anything, or generally with trying to take the pressure off the jack to change it. The weight of the camper has me concerned about doing anything other than hitching it up to the truck and towing.

Anybody have any recommendations for mobile techs in the charlotte NC area? or should I just hook up to the truck and swap them out and learn something new?