View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 09:31 AM   #89
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
My understanding, the Roto-Flex allows the actual Pin the change it's angle, forward and to the rear. To me that could even affect a standard hitch with thick jaws with the pin changing angles within the jaws.
The MORryde doesn't change the angle of the pin, the pin stays stationary while the pin box moves back and forth above the pin.
So in my opinion I can see where there could be issues with a Ball and Coupler and then you add in the adapter on the Pin might cause extra stress on the components.
I see it much the same way...

Note, in the support section, Anderson has a compatibility chart...
https://help.andersenhitches.com/faq...-compatibility (section 3 to download the PDF)
Clearly, in the Anderson chart, the Rota-Flex hitch is the only one listed as needing the lockout bars.
Just as clearly, the MORryde RPB does NOT need the lockout kit, but does need a kit to install a heavier base plate. Apparently there were some issues where the 4 "set screws" on the Anderson coupler caused some bending of the base of the MORryde plate.

In fact, we investigated going the MR route and even had the dealer all lined up to swap out the Rota-Flex pin box with a MORryde RPB along with the heavier plate... in the end we decided to use a GooseBox pin box and not continue to use our AUH; even though we had great success with the MR/AUH combo on our prior unit.
(part of the decision was the new unit is much heavier, 16,800 vs 13,800)

So, if now Anderson is making the claim that the MORryde pin box also needs the lockout bars, this is a change in their policy. If any are caught where Anderson is trying to avoid honoring their warranty or guarantee, you should be able to refer to their own support page and the PDF to show them that the lockout kit has not been required by them for the MR RPB. (they may make a case if the base plate was not installed with the MR)

hth

Brad