View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 07:57 PM   #35
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
For some it's not the steps, but that big open gap in the floor. The video shows a strange fence/Baby gate setup to keep from falling into it, but looks like a real PITA to go out and wouldn't want to contend with it in an emergency exit.
In the typical DP those stairs are at the front passenger seat, not in the middle of the living space that you walk by numerous times a day.
I'm not going to argue that the configuration of the entry steps on the unit shown and the baby gate setup is not the best solution. BUT this issue could be engineered out. My though would be bring the steps in right behind a front living room and put a couch and 1/2 wall on the front side of the steps. That would route normal foot traffic around the steps. Add an L shaped countertop on the other side of the steps in the kitchen and they would be totally contained.

The above is just one example of using engineering to resolve a potential issue. I have thought about this floorplan a LOT. Your going to have to work a lot harder to come up with an excuse why it can't be built than that!

To me it is a game changer much like the 380/381TH was and the next obvious evolution on the design. I don't think there is anyone on here that can argue that the 380/381 is a very popular floorplan. Proof of that is that all three of the major umbrella companies have at least one copy in their lineup and Keystone has four!

One other great thing about a level living area floor is it allows you to adjust the living area spaces. For example you could have a smaller kitchen and larger bedroom/bathroom! That opens up a whole range of possibilities!

And I really think that folks still underestimate the size of the empty nesters with toys market. They certainly have blinders on and think that the only toys that folks want to carry are Harleys. That couldn't be further from the truth. There are a very large number of folks that want to be able to carry toys of all sorts but don't like the layout of conventional toyhaulers with their utility garage and bent neck TVs.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote