View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 08:43 AM   #33
2 Yoopers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Your picture looks identical to the 2007 Camelot I'm working on, just a different color. Got the 10,000 Onan generator pulled out yesterday to check the oil, had to shoot a little wd 40 on the latches. Our latch is a pull handle under the front of the nose. Went to fire it up and all the lights went out. So I'll deal with that today. I guess I should have unplugged the shore cord although the manual said nothing about that, just said not to have any appliances running.

Called Mom and had her come down to look it over since she hadn't been in it in a few years. Told her I wouldn't be able to finish it since we're leaving for Florida Friday and I have to get some stuff of my own taken care of. We're going to put a few heaters in it a lock it up for the winter before I go.

I told her that if it hadn't sold when we get back from Florida in the spring I'd talk to her about buying it, or try to figure out a way to afford it (as she brought it up again, saying are you sure you don't want to buy it). Mom said she won't try to sell it this winter. She also said I have a decent inheritance coming from the money we made at our former business (I was the vp of the company in charge of field operations) and should just take part of that in advance and buy it.

She's making it awfully hard for me to turn down.
Monaco bought out Safari in 2002 and Safari owned the rights to Beaver motor homes. Monaco moved the production to their plant in Coburg Oregon. This is when they started to produce a coach that carried the Monaco name and a similar coach with the Beaver nameplate. The Contessa and Camelot are basically the same coaches.
Our coach does not have a latch on the generator slide. There is a switch that moves it in and out and uses the same hydraulic pump that moves the large front slides. You do not have to un plug the landline before you start the generator, there is a automatic transfer switch that will switch the source of power. There is a breaker on the front of the generator that may be off. Also the switches to start the generator can be pushed to the down position to prime the generator, and when toggled to the up position it will activate the glow plugs before starting. Colder weather will give you a longer delay before starting the generator.

2015 Ford F450 Platinum
2 Yoopers is offline   Reply With Quote