View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #22
Marcus

M.O.C. #21961
Exclamation Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Moon View Post
Our 2016 High Country 310 RE is now 4 years old, and I am fed up with this POS. We have had trouble with the Accu Slide cable-actuated slides since day one, especially the kitchen slide (slide #2, driver's side). After several trips to the service shop in the first months of ownership, we finally got the drive motor replaced (the new one is an oil dripper), and had rollers installed for the slides to run on. Then, in January, we were in Colorado Springs, when a cable broke on the #1 slide (curb-side). The only shop that could fix it within a month (Cousins RV) replaced the cable (with my help) for "only" $700. They also supposedly adjusted the other (#2)slide. So last month, we were staying in Las Vegas and I noticed the wall siding was puckered-in next to the #2 slide lower leading edge, when the slide was extended. When the slide was retracted, the wall returned to normal. Watching the wall opening next to the refrigerator while extending and retracting the slide, you could see the wall moving in and out.

When we got home we took the rig to the repair shop, and they confirmed what I guessed was the problem: the wall stud adjacent to the slide opening had broken it's welded connection to the sill framing. Estimate for repair $7,000. That's SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS to fix a factory defect. Hey, no problem, that's why we have an extended warranty, right? WRONG! Warranty company (United States) denied the claim, since according to them, the slide is covered, but the wall stud is not because the frame is excluded, and the damage is "incidental" damage. Even though the stud is an integral part of the slide mechanism (cable pulleys are attached to the slide).

As you can guess, we are frustrated beyond belief. I told the wife, there is NO WAY I am paying 7 grand to fix this POS. Has anyone else run into this issue? I have an idea how to fix it myself, but will need detailed schematics of how this is framed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We had EXACTLY the same problem on our 2016 310RL this spring, Local dealer here in VT actually got Keystone to pay for it...thank the Lord! They installed extra rollers, replaced the frayed cable and welded the stud back into the frame at the base. We've had leaking AC (requiring ceiling removal and replacement), broken welds, toilets that won't hold water, cracked plastic sheet under the bedroom slide, moisture in the walls, water leaks under the bathroom sink, axle alignment causing tire wear...the list goes on. Thinking of checking out a class A around 34 feet from Newmar or Tiffin.

Marcus
2016 MHC HM310RE (does HM stand for high maintenance?)
2019 GMC Denali HD Duramax/Allison
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote