View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #18
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
This question is about taping off the 15 amp circuit in many 30 amp campground power pedestals to run a second 13500 BTU A/C. Yes, I'm aware that some 30 amp pedestals available wiring may not support tapping off the 15 amp plug.

I'm looking at adding a 15 amp Marinco plug in in the side of a fiver and running that separate line to a stand alone 15 amp receptacle in the storage bay near the A/C power line to the front air conditioner. That OEM A/C line will be interrupted by male and female 20 amp plugs so I can plug it in to the stand alone 15 amp receptacle when the need arises. With the fiver thermostat controlling both A/C's ... do you think there will be an issue with 2 separate inlet power feeds off the campground power pedestal as far as damaging the thermostat's common control to both A/C's?

Thanks in advance
I purchased a 50 amp and 20 amp RV pedestal outlet for my land (same box) from Home Depot. The 20 amp is piggy backed off the 50 amp from the factory. There is no separate wiring for the 20 amp. It's only there for convenience. They both have their own breakers. Assuming you were maxing your 50 amp, there would be nothing to gain by plugging into the 20 amp other than popped breakers. If you know for a fact its wired separately then there should be no issues. I would not count on it.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote