View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 10:37 AM   #23
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Vacationer, Residential fridges have been used for many many years in motorhomes and proved reliable. Of course, they have way better suspensions than trailers unless you have the morryde IS like many of us installed. I installed my residential fridge after my rv fridge developed a leak and caught fire. I can pull my fridge out of its enclosure without a lot of problems and it can be moved out the door of the montana, if i remove the fridge and freezer doors first. So i have no issue if i ever need service on it. Of course since it was only 25% of the cost of a 12 cuft rv fridge, i can just recycle it if it goes bad and still be ahead of the cost curve. I did have it move my fridge enclosure 6 inches rearward to clear the island when the slide is closed, but that just meant space for cookie sheets, etc on shelves beside the stove and oven.