View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 11:18 AM   #24
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
I don't know what IS costs to install. Assuming $6k x three for 100k miles seems
like a lot. I've got that in miles and have spent approx. $1k for suspension maintenance.

I totally agree in spending for whatever one wants. Not debating that. I'm just not seeing a justifiable return for this one.
I'd have to agree on this one... I'm about 50,000 miles in last 10 years, and more recently about 10,000+ per year. I've not had any major issues with just the cheap factory suspension...
Now, it's not perfect, and rutted up secondary roads do move the unit around a lot, so I might be interested in improving ride quality and get better durability as part of that.
The biggest, no matter what for me, is our new unit must have disc brakes. Now that I do see as a problem worth the cost to fix.
The 2021 Montana Legacy package does include disc brakes, but they have also included heavier 7k axles, along with 8k springs, according to the rep... I've not seen one so cannot comment on whether it is significantly upgraded or not. GVWR does not change.

I'm really leaning toward the Legacy package at this point, and try that out for a year or 2 to see how it works out.

Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote