View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 08:16 AM   #60
bjacobs3791RD
Established Member

M.O.C. #25072
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
When getting the "short cycles" is your fan in auto mode? When in auto mode, these units will momentarily stop and switch fan speeds high>low as the thermostat set point is approached. Then repeat going from low>high as temp rises. Just a thought.

The behaviour of these units (working ok for days/weeks, then shutting down, repeat) is very frustrating; for us and the techs that have to work on them. I've pretty much given up and run my fans on high all the time. My units have never not cooled; if they run, they work great.
Scottz,

The switching in auto mode from high fan to low fan happens as it approaches 5 degrees away from the set point (I think that's a little early, but that's for another day).

Last week when it shut down on me it was set on 68/High Fan. When I woke up, it was 77 degrees inside, fan running on high, compressor off. As always, went through the modes, off, back to cool and the compressor kicked right on. The fan actually never even shut down.

It seems it's frustrating for everyone except Dometic and Keystone. I'm tired of it and I know the guys at Sherrod RV are tired of getting the runaround. No telling how many hours they've wasted working on this, waiting on hold (1hr 45min when I was up there one afternoon), etc. Time they could've spent fixing other rigs, it's not like mine was the only thing they had going on.

Brandon
bjacobs3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote