View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 09:11 PM   #48
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
When I bought my camper in 2014 I bought a Colman NXT 200 grill. I had it replaced once under warranty because of a faulty regulator. It was a good grill but it had trouble in slightly windy conditions. It wouldn't get up to temp and I had to shield it from the wind.
It also was a pain to clean and put away. Especially if I use the griddle top accessories that I bought to make breakfast. The bacon grease would run all over the grill, knobs and down the legs.
I got tied of the grill and recently switch to a Blackstone 22" griddle and never looked back. I know it's not a BBQ but it is a lot more versatile than a grill. There is almost nothing you can't cook on it. There is no reason to use the stove in the camper anymore , too cook side items, while grilling. It can all be done on the griddle. My breakfast menu is now unlimited. I can have my eggs anyway I like, pancakes, bacon, hash browns, sausage, etc. I toast all my breads on it. I slap some butter on bread or english muffins and throw them right on the griddle. They cook a lot faster than a toaster and come out evenly toasted. Steaks with grilled onions and mushrooms. The griddle does it all. Clean up is a breeze. It's a cold rolled steel top. You just wipe or scrape it off and wipe a light coating oil cooking oil on it and you're done.
I will not use a BBQ grill while camping anymore...