View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #14
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Yup, Carl beat me to it again. It sounds to me that you have a separated tank. The tank is a two piece tank and the top is plastic welded to the bottom bowl. This boom and water in the belly is a very common thing with units from before 2015 or so. You have to remove the tank from the underside of the unit. When you do so just be careful because there is still a lot of "stuff" in that black tank even if you empty it. If you do it yourself make sure you put either some extra bracing under the tank or strapping to hold the tank up. The only thing that is holding those tank up is a small lip on the edges that sit on the frame of the unit. I have had to replace all three of mine tanks and I've had a service tech do it because I'm not that brave under that unit when it comes to dropping a tank and especially the black tank. I flush my black tank from both directions. The regular tank flush and also a flush elbow that connects to the outbound sewer pipe. I do close my valve when using the regular tank flush BUT I do not leave the area of the tank valves or leave it run over 5-7 minutes then dump and if needed do it two or three times that way and then back flush from the outlet side several time also.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote