View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 08:05 AM   #9
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Fixed - Calked the fenders.
Fixed - Every screw on the fenders needed replaced, tightened, or secured tighter in some way or another. They are broken out.
Fixed - Shower door handle fell apart
Fixed - Added - partition under kitchen sink so items won't fall off shelf behind door
Fixed - Added support under bedroom door when door is open so the weight of the door would not pull the frame off the wall when traveling.
Fixed - Eventually, warranty replaced the bedroom door, and it fell apart again.
Fixed - After closet trim fell, rebuilt and supported the trim and put supports under the shelf
Fixed broken cable on bedroom slide under warranty
Fixed - hot water in shower by flipping the water lines so hot is HOT.
Fixed - Lost one nut on bolt on spare tire under floor
Fixed - New Tires after blow out in April 2019
Fixed - Placed metal strips on passenger side bed room skirting to keep wind from making it pop and flop.
Fixed - Quick Connect gas valve was twisted upward. Valve broke when attempting to position it so it could be used, and had to replaced it with a new one
Fixed - Reinforced the bedroom back closet (again) with solid wood this time. Literally, rebuilt the closet shelf and cloths bar so it wouldn't fall any more.
Fixed - Front door was fixed, adjusted, but eventually replaced completely ... Warranty.
Fixed - Replaced trailer pig-tail 7 pin wire and plug ... Warranty.
Fixed - side wall (facing the rear of the trailer) separated. I screwed it back together.
Fixed 2 cabinet doors after they popped open and bent the hinges, replaced almost all the cabinet door catches and installed baby locks on each one to keep them from popping open when traveling.
Fixed bedroom door myself after the second failure and break away from the wall. It's not separated from the wall since.
Fixed pivot door in bathroom ... warranty.
Fixed the glass door for the stereo in the living room that kept falling open
Fixed by making anchors for the 2 recliners in the living room so they won't tip. Original screws pulled out of the floor. I drilled holes completely through the floor and put bots through their frames and then bolted them down under the floor. They will never pull up again. Sorry Keystone, two little Robertson head wood screws in a 1/4 inch of Luna plywood will not hold two recliners down.
Fixed re-affixed the underbelly skirting on the front passenger side of the camper with big washers after the wrap around skirting pulled and broke out under the trailer.
Fixed by re-affixed the underbelly skirting on the driver side rear of camper with big washers.
Fixed by replaced Blind on passenger side living room slide out, forward window ... warranty. Eventually, I had to fix every blink in the camper because the pull part on the blind came off. Clear silicon putty sealer, used like glue did the job.
Fixed by replaced the mirror on the front cap. Yea, it was replaced less than 3 months after purchasing the camper. The original just clouded over and became unusalble.
Fixed by replacing - New front door, Got tired of pissing around with repairs to the front door and insisted on a new one. Warranty finally agreed to replace it.
Fixed by replacing Wingard Razyor television antenna under warranty
Fixed fender and metal bent after tire blow out
All new tires because of the blow out in March 2019.
Fixed Hinges on the glass door cover over the radio
Fixed leak on city water inlet, garden hose connection
Fixed Rear axle, replaced brakes and hub, both sides ... warranty
Fixed replaced Sail Switch in furnace - 10-26-2019
Fixed the metal clamp that holds the black gas pipe in place on the passenger side of the front storage area and fixed the pipe so there is no movement in it. Photo July 5, 2019
Wall under the bed (that storage area), separated and I re-inforced it screwed it back together. Sorry Keystone, your cheap ass staples just don't hold up, no matter how many or massive amounts of staples you used! Stupidist thing I've seen in a long time... Dumb idiots!

But now, we've had almost a second year with absolute no issues! Nothing else has fallen apart or broken since last fall... Except, I did flip on the electric water heater sometime last Winter with no water in it and discovered this Spring it was burned out and I replaced the heating element. That has been the only "oops" since last Fall.
I would hope that with all of this work you did that your not having anymore problems. Let me ask you, Did you try to take this back either to you dealer or back to the factory?

This is what I am getting worried about. On July 8th we no longer have a home. We will be full timing from that date on. I did keep my toy hauler just in case we have to send this unit back to the factory. I am worried that we will be without a home being our trailer. We have had great luck with most of the keystone trailer that we have owned over the last 15 years. The toy hauler being the bottom line of keystone has been the only problem child that we have owned.

That you for your come back and information for this thread.....

46 years married (Dam I been in prison that long)
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote