View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #19
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana lineman View Post
..............My question about these manufacturers is how easy are they to install? ....
To expand what others have said to install the Tiretracker TPMS:

1. Install battery in each tire sensor
2. Turn monitor on and it will show the tire layout
3. Press and hold the monitor's left/right buttons simultaneously to enter program mode
4. The monitor will highlight the first tire sensor to be programmed (each sensor is programmed one at a time and tire specific)
5. install the first sensor on the valve stem and wait until the light at the top of the monitor turns from RED to GREEN (now programmed)
6. Then advance the monitor to the next tire to be programmed and repeat until all tires sensors are programmed
7. Press and hold the monitor's left/right buttons simultaneously to exit program mode and enter monitor mode
8. Install booster as indicated above by clipping to the battery +/- terminals (I disconnect when the trailer is stored to avoid battery drawdown)
9. Takes about 30 minutes for all 10 tires on my truck and trailer.

Please do not make the mistake I made of installing ALL the tire sensors prior to programming since each sensor needs to be installed as prompted by the monitor. I had remove all the tire sensors then start over. Should have read the manual first.
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote