View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 10:27 AM   #18
sme1950s
Established Member

M.O.C. #22828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
Good news folks. Today I was checking with a neighbor (he worked at the local NTB) asking if NTB would mount tires I didn't buy there. He told me they will for $20 each, mounted and balanced.

I called the store to also check if they would install my TPMS monitors for me. On a whim I asked what tires in ST235/80-16 load range G were offered. I had checked their website and it only showed two choices in load range E.

The salesman said yes they had several, Sailun was a choice. They were the S367. Price is $142 each, $3 more than current Simpletire price. They did not stock them but would only take 1-2 days to have them in hand.

My point to all this is that they are available at a National chain. If one is traveling and has a tire issue it seems reasonable we should be able to find an NTB that works in our plans and get a replacement if needed.

I found a similar thing with Discount again a national chain that I am thankful for in McKinney TX., very accommodating. I have 15" wheels so I don't believe Sailum tires work for me, when I called Simpletire, Sailum were not an option for me last fall. I did find that although accommodating urban tire shops can be challenging. Several I called when asked directly said they did not have enough jack to lift my 13,000 lb. rig, so your 16,000 lb puppies may require some advanced communication. In addition they change car tires all day long, but they do not work on large RVs as much. Urban lots are frequently tight and if you don't watch shop guys (newbies) drawing the short straw, might try and lift with your axle. The guys that helped me probably thought I was a pain when I stopped them until they spoke to their boss when pointed out where I wanted the rig lifted. Not nay saying anyone just be your own advocate and check and speak up calmly.
sme1950s is offline   Reply With Quote