View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 03:47 PM   #74
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Rich,

Actually I thought mine was a mess. With the kitchen slide in, the lower right corner of the slide would come in contact with the top left portion of the trailer mounted fender skirt. This would push the trailer mounted portion of the fender skirt approximately 1" (at its lowest point) back under the trailer.

I did 2 things. First, I cut off the lower right portion of the black rubber seal. Upon inspection, you will see that this portion of the seal does nothing but get in the way as the kitchen slides retracts. This provided more clearance as the slide retracts.

Second, I installed a fender skirt support bracket similar to the one located on the curb side fender skirt. This bracket is visible in the photo below.

As you can see, things match up much better now.

Before making the changes myself, I contacted my dealer. Their comment was that all the 3400's that came through their shop had the same problems. So, I decided to fix it myself. I mentioned this info to Keystone Customer Service but they were not interested. Greg Crouch struck again. What a guy!
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote