View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 09:37 PM   #15
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I watched the video and if it is true that the designers and engineers are staying in these units and they still are making the stupid mistakes that are easy to correct but then they don't.......that speaks volumes for the "get them out the door as fast as possible mentality".

It was fairly obvious to me when touring the factories that it is all about how many they could build and how cheap they could make them. Quality and good design are a very distant second to that. Only time they care about anything to do with design is when it will help SELL the product so they can keep building them!!!

Again I'm not talking about the big stuff they get wrong, that's a whole other animal. I just can't belive they won't fix little VERY OBVIOUS stuff, like the head banger doors and double latches that require you to drop what you are carrying. You know the things that anyone actually using all the normal features would realize immediately and say "what were they thinking when the built this??? The things that could actually be fixed very easily and with no additional or very minimal cost.

Yeah SOME of the employees might spend a night or two in the rigs when they are already setup but they sure as heck are NOT using them like they own them (like storing stuff in the storage compartments, setting them up and such.

Storage compartment brings up another prime example. Why on earth would you make a storage compartment that is 18" tall with a door that is only 12" tall?????? Stupid just stupid!!!

Stop trying to defend the indefensible!!!!

Ever wonder id they'd dare have around table with users? Not to draw blood but learn what the some of the thoughts are.

Head banger doors is a good start.

If you've every been in a World Class Plant transition - more could be done better - faster and less expensively
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote