View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 01:05 PM   #27
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
LOL. You are correct.

But, upon further investigation, the 2020 GM and Ram are very very close in all the numbers, except MAX towing. But, it goes back to, how does the Ram have such a higher max towing compared to everything else? If that is the max towing, you've exceeded the max payload with pin weight. Math doesn't add up.

And, I don't need that much max towing anyway. My trailer max is 16,500 anyways, so I don't need more than that, which all of the 250/0 can handle, BUT they can't handle the pin weight. SMH...

I didn't say this in my OP, but I do like the idea of a 10 speed transmission. I think that would be the ultimate towing slush box. It should be able to drop down a gear on small hills, and not over-rev the engine like my current truck does. Then again, it probably doesn't need a 10 speed transmission when it has over 900 ft-lbs of torque...

The math will add up as i use my truck to haul my friends equipment trailer loaded with a backhoe on a goose neck at 24000 lbs 3 axle but only have 2800 pounds on the ball. that might be the confusion.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote