View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 08:49 AM   #18
KarenMM84

M.O.C. #25365
The jury is still out on this one. We're newbies, just bought our first rig in June, 2020 3740FK. We love the floor plan and moved in fulltime in Oct. after selling our house. We planned to head south from CO this past Saturday but, the seal on our fresh water tank failed on Thanksgiving Day. We got it to the dealership asap. They were great and got us in the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. We also showed them an area on the outside of the rig near the kitchen slide and end cap that looked damaged. It was strange in that it was bulging out. They discovered there is a missing bracket allowing the area to "crush" in on itself. The sidewall has to be removed to fix it. We also let them know the livingroom floor bubbles up when the furnace runs (apparently this is a known issue). The dealership said to make a list of things and boy did we. We orginally weren't concerned with some of the small things but, decided after paying so much for our new home we'd point them out. So, we're looking at a minimum of a month in the shop.
We understand issues happen. But like someone else mentioned, you would not put up with this if it were your car.
I know this one is a stretch and people are going to laugh at me. Bare with me just a moment... We called Keystone to see if they would help with hotel costs because this is our home and these issues are manufacturing defects/improper installation.
They told my husband "Well sir, it is a recreational vehicle. We do not look at it as your home. So, no we don't cover that."
Well, we get that. It's what RV stands for...duh. But, don't tell me you offer a full-timer's warranty and then make that kind of comment.
My husband served 30yrs in the USAF and this is the first time in our lives we've been homeless.
So far Keystone's response has been mediocre. Our deciding to purchase from them again will greatly depend upon how they work with the dealership to get these repairs done.
From reading the other responses to your question, it appears this is the way of things. Sad. We are trying to stay positive and hope to be on the road sometime in Jan. if the CO weather will let us make a break for it! ��
Good luck with whichever rig you decide on!
KarenMM84 is offline   Reply With Quote