View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #4
ArkansasNWA

M.O.C. #23770
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckeyd View Post
Hello, looking at buying a new 5th wheel, currently own a 2014 Grand Design Reflectiion 303RLS. That unit has been great with just minimal items breaking, knock on wood, but I now want a new rig. Looking at Montana 3121RL Legacy, or another Grand Design, but a Solitude 310GK-R. This is basically same floor plan for each, both 35 feet long. Looked at a 3121RL, and a Solitude 310GK this weekend. Question I have is would you buy a Montana again or go with some other brand due to issues. Have read forums ad nauseum and simply want honest opinions. Thanks for all replies. Oh yes, I have my popcorn and drink handy, so let the opinions begin.

Don Luckey
We purchased a 2019 Montana 3121RL and we love it. very comfortable and easy to pull. However our first warranty list had 42 items to be corrected. These were from trim falling off the wall, TV coax not installed correctly, to stove burners would not light. As mentioned by others, the workmanship on new RVs is terrible. Our dealer said they put them together fast and let the retail side make all the corrections. This gives the buyer a bad taste.
However, the one mistake we made was getting the residential refrigerator. (3121RL). The reason is if you loose shore power the batteries might last eight hours if your lucky. So far we have lost everything in the fridge twice due to this issue. So with this said, I would recommend the 3120RL. This is the same unit with the exception it has the larger RV ref and you will have propane backup.
Happy shopping! Safe travels.
ArkansasNWA is offline   Reply With Quote