View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
darmock667
Established Member

M.O.C. #22447
Should have taken pictures however the waste of spending all that money uselessly made me forget to take pictures!

They are the frameless type of windows so there is nothing showing externally. The upper channel is similar to a u frame with the "U" pointing down. This slides into something similar that is on the frame installed into the 5ver. The frameless windows use this as a pivot point to push out. on the bottom of the window portion there is a u channel that faces towards the wall. Inside of is are a couple of wheels attached to a screw type mechanism that when you screw it the window is moved out. The other Window is an escape hatch that has a handle attached to it.

The upper and lower channels are glued to the window. When I examined the broken pieces I could see the glue on it. Not sure if everyone else with frameless windows models are the same however I suspect they are close. I am travelling and away from my 3950. Once I get back I will take some pictures.

The "frame" I speak of that comes as an assembly is the part that attaches to 5ver and is bolted in place and then some type of adhesive is added to help ensure water does not get between the frame and the wall.

My problem is that we should be able to buy just the windows and not have to buy the entire frame/screen/and windows when this is easily something that anyone with a Philips head screwdriver can fix themselves. But of course both Keystone and the dealer do not want to promote owners fixing the little stuff by the owners and it would affect their bottom line. Since buying the 3950 I have been spending my time repairing all of the poor craftsmanship of the rig as well as replacing the substandard CATV wiring. Tried Keystone and the dealer for a lot of this stuff and was disappointed with the "that is not covered" or my favorite "Drop it off for a month or two and we will get to it"

I long ago stopped letting dealers touch anything on my RV's/Motorcycles/Cars if I could fix it. I did go into the purchase with my eyes wide open however and understood the quality of the product I was buying. I am hopeful I might be able to interest a glass manufacturer in providing windows on a cost plus basis if we can locate the channel and get it glued onto a cut piece. Got to be cheaper than $400 for two pieces of glass/entire frame/all new screens.

I have taken the attitude I did when I bought a new motorcycle. Take it apart and ensure everything is installed and torqued correctly. I have started doing this with the 5ver...... Amazing the rats nest of wiring! My electrician buddies remark was he would be ashamed to have done that job.

Sorry ranting some today!

Tom
=========================
darmock667 is offline   Reply With Quote