View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 02:47 AM   #39
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I think the most important issue is staying within your legal capacities and with a Fiver that means staying within your GVWR and your GCWR and so far Ford is the only truck that has raised the GVWR in a SRW. Ford just bumped this up in 05. My GVWR is 11200 LBS and I had this same model in my 04 F350 PSD lemon and it had the 9900 GVWR that Chev and Dodge still have in there SRW one ton pickups. My 06 2955RL, the baby in the Montana line would be over the 9900 pound GVWR of my 04 F350 because of the weight of these trucks and the eqipement I choose to take with me.
How anyone can stay legal with any 3/4 ton truck is beyond me and times have changed. In most places , if you are in an accident and you are over your GVWR, your insurance is void.
All the after market gizmos in the world can not and will not change your LEGAL GVWR.
If you want a large Montana, you want a dually just for that extra payload.
I chose a small Montana and an 2005 F350 SRW so I can stay legal.

If you don't like the message , don't shoot the messenger and any insurance company or lawyer will tell you what I have just said is the absolute truth, Take care, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote