View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #36
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
If I spent hours cleaning decals off I am not sure I would put new ones on. You are just setting yourself up to do it again down the road.
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but this is what we are debating. We have some striping left to remove on our 2008. The main decals (Montana and mountains on nose and front) were already removed when we got the unit. The PO had gotten a whole new batch of decals from Keystone and gave them to use when we got the unit. They are still in the boxes. We are trying to decide whether to just remove the rest of the stripes and then deoxidize and buff it out and leave it plain or reapply the decals between the deoxidization and buffing.

My DW says to just leave it plain -- using AZ's logic of why put them back on if they're going to just peel again. I was told (haven't opened the boxes and verified yet) that the new decals are perforated and this supposedly fixes the problem of them peeling and cracking.

I get the logic of not putting them back on. But then, since I already have the replacement decals, why not put them back on?

Or just leave it plain and eBay the new decals?

Seems it would have better resale (when the time comes) if it had the new decals on it...

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote