View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:01 AM   #25
Randy and Lynn

M.O.C. #19729
My Tadibrothers camera was a problem too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
I have a 2017 3721RL and wanted a larger screen than the 4.3" Furrion. So ordered the a wireless unit from TADI brothers. first one had the remote transmitter I didn't like all the wires in and out of the back of my unit. So traded it for the better one with the transmitter in the camera. they said I would have no problems. Wired it and first trip camera was without signal 75% of the time. So they sent me a remote antenna. installed it on the monitor no improvement. So I installed it on the camera and mounted as far forward on the roof as I could. minimal improvement. so they sent me a second remote antenna I have it on my monitor. I now have a picture about 50% of the time. now I get nothing but excuses from the call center. the Antennas are 38' from each other and both out in open air. Setting still in my yard it will go from 4 bars signal strength to no signal and back and forth. I am about ready to settle for the 4.3" monitor or go to the Rear view safety wired unit I had on my Sundance. I would not buy anything from Tadi brothers again.
I installed the Tadi Brothers 3 digital camera observation system with multi-display monitor. At first I had issues with all three cameras. I checked my running light voltage at the rear and found a little over 11 VDC. I changed all running lights to LED's to reduce voltage drop. I then found my two side cameras worked flawlessly at a little over 13volts. The rear camera still had loss of signal issues with a voltage of about 12.3. Tadi brothers sent me a antenna extension for the rear. It made no difference. I soldered the connection for the rear camera at the middle running light so guaranteed to have a good connection. I then hooked up my Fluke volt meter to the rear camera supply and went for a ride. I set the Fluke to measure minimum and maximum voltages and found it ranged from 11.9 to 12.3VDC during the trip. I had a loss of signal indication on the monitor the whole trip and the side cameras worked flawlessly. Tadi Brothers sent me another camera for the rear. It didn't work either. After all of my trials I sent the entire $750 system back for a refund. The cameras are supposed to have a 75' working distance while traveling. I think they have misstated that because I have about 45' from my dash to the rear of my fifth wheel. Now I am pondering whether or not to fish wire to the front of my RV and in my truck so I can try a wired system. Anyone any hints as to how to route wiring will be much appreciated. Thanks
Randy and Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote