View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 11:04 PM   #33
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I'm glad you contacted the rep for Sailun. You probably want know for sure what happened but I agree if it were a defect then it should have shown up much earlier. Hope this encourages you to get TPMS because this would have sounded an alarm before the tire blew out. One of my wheels had a slow leak that I noticed the next morning at an rv park. I aired the tire up at took it to a tire repair shop and they found the crack in the wheel. I drove 500 miles home that day with no spare after installing the spare tire on the rv. The tire shop didn't have a spare wheel I could purchase. The next wheel that went bad had hit a blow out bump on the highway going through Cincinatti. The tire immediately started loosing air and I had just installed the TPMS before the trip and the alarm went off. I checked the tire and it was down to 80 psi from the 110 psi. I made it to a firestone dealer and they checked the tire and wheel in a tank of water and sure enough I had another wheel with a crack in it. I went to an rv park and found a steel wheel the next morning for a spare to get me home. When I got home I bought 4 Hi-Spec modular wheels and gave away the other 3 wheels to Montana owners for spares. Needless to say the tires were tougher than the wheels.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote