View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #22
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Dave,

I thoought I would put in my 2 cents worth.

We ordered our 3400 on 10/25/05 from the largest 5th wheel dealer in Texas. They asked us for $1,000 which seemed OK to us.

There were 2 important things I learned!

1) I have been told that Montana does not discount their trailers to the larger dealers. They do, however, provide lower pricing for volume purchases - buy enough at one time and get a lower price on each one. The larger dealers are buying this way and are thus putting less money into their trailers - especially the fast moving ones like the 3400RL. There is thus more room to negotiate a lower price from a larger dealer!!

2) The dealer we purchased from already have some number of units in the production flow. After we selected our options, they called Montana to check the build status on the "spec units" they had in the production cycle. They then requested several changes to meet our requirements - many of which are mostly cosmetic such as free standing table, lamp and coffee table, W/D prep, aluminum wheels, etc. The result was that we took posession of our new made to order 3400RL on 11/12/05. It was built exactly to our requirements.

It's really nice buying from a larger well known to Montana dealer. GREAT PRICE and GREAT DELIVERY - and they did a great make ready. We had essentially no problems that needed repairs!
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote