View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 07:42 AM   #21
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bear Hunter

...........After having 6 single RW 3/4 ton trucks we finally got a DW and have found it tows much better. You can have a semi blow by and not feel the rig getting pushed around. This is also true when we were out west. I seems the wind was always quartering and still no sway problems. ....
Sorry Bear Hunter but the above just doesn't wash with me. I don't know what you were towing with those 6 single RW 3/4 tons but I feel absolutely NOTHING when those semi's blow by me and positively NO sway at all from the wind while dragging my Monty with my current or previous single RW 3/4 ton trucks. I will admit that if I get into a real heavy cross wind I will feel some pushing but than so do the 18 wheelers feel that same motion.
I driven both SRW and DRW and noticed absolutely NO difference in the handling or the ride.

DarMar, You said, "I have yet to find anyone that regrets buying a dually!" and you probably never will. It's like asking which brand is best Ford, Chevy, GMC or Dodge and the answers are always the same. Whatever brand, or in this case axle configuration, an individual is driving is 99% of the time going to be the best. It's a little thing called EGO that will not allow anyone to admit that they are unhappy with their choice. It's just human nature.

Also keep in mind that there are many MOCers using a 2500HD, F250 or 2500 to drag their 3400.

After we have all had our say as to what we feel is the best it all comes down to two people. It's now up to Darwin and Maureen to figure out just what TV is going to best serve them.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote