Thread: Jumping Slide
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 11:00 AM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
While at the Fall Rally this year we had the Lippert reps come over to the unit for a problem with the level-up system and the front jacks. They had me retract and extend the jacks. After watching and listening to the jacks they asked what I used to lube the jack shafts and I told them CRC dry lube with PTFE and they said that anything that contains silicone will dry out the seals both on the level-up system and the slideouts. They recommended using plain old hydraulic fluid to wipe down and lube the shafts and any slides on the slideouts. Put it on a rag and wipe the shafts and runners down with it do this several times while out on the road. This cleans them and also lubes them at the same time. I don't know what you have in the way of slides but this worked for me both on the way home from the Rally and since it's been parked after I returned. The slideout cables have to be relatively tight but must have a small amount of play in them to operate correctly. Just thought I'd jump in here and give you all the advise the Lippert reps gave to me about slides and the level-up systems.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote