View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 04:50 PM   #68
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Hi Bob Bo. We also have the 3810MS, a 2017 model, and really like it. We've done several mods, so feel free to ask what we did, and what experience we've had. This is our second season with it.

In regards to your truck, as mentioned you went with a 3500. That's what we did as well, a GMC 3500 SRW. Yes, SRW, and we've had no problems with handling. If towing was the ONLY thing we used it for, then I would have gone with a DRW. But, this is also an "in town" driver, and I did not want to deal with duals for that. We are about 500 pounds under capacity on the truck, so not a lot of room for extras, but we manage the load well.

Pulling hills is no problem (with the diesel) and stopping has been no probem either. I don't know where they get the pin weight for their literature, but our pin weight is around 3400 pounds.

It's all about liability. Sure, the small truck could tow it, but if it comes to an "incident" then the legals will be checking every detail. That's what made me go to a larger capacity truck.

Good luck and enjoy that 3810. We sure enjoy ours.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote