View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Life is funny sometimes. When I first got married I purchased a Ford Falcon. It wasn't beautiful or even very comfortable, but no defects. I drove that dumb car into the ground. It gave marvelously consistent, trouble free service. In later years I drove a Lincoln Towncar--comfort, beauty--a fine road car plus defects and service problems. The same was true with Chrysler New Yorker and my Pontic. Now in Hong Kong the Church has provided a really nice Saab (the pride of Europe) and guess what? In five months, three service calls. That old Ford Falcon.....

I don't really know what this says. Poor workmanship is still irritating and indefensible. But it seems that more apparent comfort and luxury bring a larger array of areas with problematic possibilities. On my Big Sky, I have found places where I thought any idiot ought to know better than that, especially a so-called craftsman. But in the end, everything I have "fixed" is better, sturdier, and safer than before. The Monty sure beats that $200 trouble free tent when we were backpacking. Sorta like that Towncar sure beat that Falcon.

Now this post didn't do a thing for your poor workmanship, but I hope it helps with perspective. Happy RVing....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote