View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 07:19 AM   #19
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
2 ways to do it. because I'm more permanent, I used a 2x4 and a 2x6. The 2x4 is set on the slide and mounted to the front lip by removing the 2 upper screws in the square plates that dress out the corner seal and replace then with deck screws through the holes into the 2x4. Then the 2x6 is setting just in front of the drip gutter and held down by a parachute cord running from the 2x6 on one side under the slide to the other side, then cut and rivet the panels and then screw them to the 2x4 and 2x6 against the side of the camper. it will not make a water tight seal and that's ok because it keeps the sun, debris off as well as stopping the driving rain against the seals and makes the slide quieter especially over the bedroom slide. when i take the panels off again I'm going to replace the wood with aluminum angle and screw it to the front and lay the back piece in the rain gutter and use the cord method for holding it on. I have pictures but cant figure out how to post them yet. But for less than 200 dollars and the panels will last in the sun i used this method.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote