Thread: Goodyear
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 02:58 AM   #13
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
We have been talking about these Sailuns for a few years now, they have had plenty of time to show up with problems.
Agreed! I've only seen one blow out and that was due to an acquaintance hit one on the corner end of a cross-tie when jacking his trailer in the site. By the end of the weekend, by it's own pressure, you could tell the tire had a damaged sidewall but he wanted to try and make it home. He almost made it, but didn't damage his rig thankfully.
As most of us know, any tire can blow. Two weeks ago I had my left front tire on my rig go while enroute to the campground. It was a GY G614 with the date code of 4615 and blew a hole out of the side. The tread depth was a 12 on it, so not many miles at all. Thankfully, I had a state trooper behind me when it blew and he held the traffic out from around me so I could get it slowed and off the road. Could've been a road hazard, even though the trooper said he saw nothing, but no one knows if it was on the interstate that I'd just came off of. I'll take my chance with the G rated tires of Goodyear or Sailun only. Supposedly the new Hercules G rated tire is being put out by Cooper tires, but i's brand new and no track record, so I'll leave that one alone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180119_152340918_HDR-600x600.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1127