View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #2
OutlawPilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20672
I originally wanted the self-levelling system as an option but the great deal on my RAM 3500 was too good to pass up and it wasn't so equipped. In the Cummins forum though there was much discussion on the fact that the automated nature of the factory system was a drawback because there's no manual options. Those critical of the factory option were very much in favor of aftermarket, which really eased my concerns that I was missing out on something I wanted.

I had Air Lift airbags in my Damon Outlaw class A (the origin of my OutlawPilot handle, BTW) and really liked them, and LOVED the level of service from Air Lift so that's where I went for my RAM.

I just purchased the Air Lift 88295 LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Air Spring Kit with Internal Jounce Bumper. I originally considered the Ultimate+ version with stainless steel air lines but found a great deal and jumped. Plus I'm adding the compressor which comes with rubber lines anyway.

The install for this should take 2 hours. I will NOT be doing it as I'm just not as mechanical as I think that would need. A truck shop already balked at the time estimate saying "oh, they always say it'll take little time." So THEY'RE out (Action Truck Accessories in Hamilton).

The Aviators TV Website | Facebook Page | YouTube Channel
Streaming Episodes (iTunes, Google Play, Amazon)
OutlawPilot is offline   Reply With Quote