View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 01:38 AM   #9
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Big Al, Congratulations on your new rig and you guys that drive trucks for a living usually are the envy of the campground in the way you can handle a Fiver.

My 06 Montana remote control works fine once I figured it out. I have to set it about 4 degrees high and I leave it in the wall bracket. If I leave my big light fixture fan running the unit stays within 2 degrees. I set it to 76 and then you can even select the remote to show the room temperature. It will run until it is 72 degrees shut off and start again when the temperature is 70 degrees. I have verified this with a very accurate thermometer.

My unit has the main sending unit mounted on the wall and I understand the units that had this sending unit mounted on the ceiling were very problematic.

Either I was lucky or in 06 they had improved the remote because there is no question that a very high percentage of owners could not get these things to work.

Check your own tire pressure and wheel nut torque before you leave the dealer. I was told they checked mine and I got home 60 miles later to find I only had 18 PSI in one tire and it had been repaired and overtorqued by the haul contractor. I got a new tire and an apology from my dealer. My other 3 tires were at the correct air pressure and wheel nut torque. The flat tire took 160 ft pounds to remove the nuts. I have a good quality torque wrench that reads torque in both directions. Take care, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote