View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #48
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Why all the fuss? Just buy a dually! Seriously, some of these 3/4 tons of today are rated higher than my dually. Unless you already have the truck, which it appears you do, why not have more than you need and stop wringing your hands over a few pounds? Everybody that posted here has a point. I, personally, prefer to have more than I need. But, that's not for everybody. Lawsuits and jail time aside, I just want to be safe on the road for my family and for the families around me. I have no doubt your truck will pull the Montana fine, but, how do you feel? Gotta listen to the little man inside (like Kramer once said). I have pulled with both, although not this 5er, and the stability and control of the load is unmatched by a SRW. That doesn't mean you can't and I probably made some enemies here, but Montanas are big, heavy trailers. You'll always find numbers that support your case, and there will always be numbers that argue. Your decision...

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote