View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 01:11 PM   #8
John Neeley
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19277
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
I like the zip tie setup, except what if the wind is coming from the direction of the front of your 5th wheel? :-)
LOL..... well, that picture was taken sometime ago in answer to a query from someone here on the forum on how to mount the weather station using PVC materials. Here I cut a 3/4" 'T' in half, which would mount to a vertical pipe, so no, not using this as my setup in real life. I do mount it on my flag pole, which is attached at the ladder, and mount it, using hose clamps to about 10 ft below flag(s), which would give me about 10 ft above roof line of RV. Seems to work very well, and fairly accurate in its speed, temp and humidity readings.... at least good enough for me. Like I mentioned before, when I was in the Skywarn program, I was using a commercial type weather station and anemometer setup, so was very rugged. That setup cost me about $1k, but I was very into it as a volunteer for the Weather Bureau in Las Vegas at that time. Here in Visalia, we dont have any weather, .... BTW, I use to live in Truckee and I know about that weather up in your neck of the woods.
2016 Montana 3440RL Legacy-Andersen 3200 Hitch
John Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote