View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
PI EMS HW50-C install question

I have the Progressive EMS HW50-C and am finally getting around to installing it. The instructions are straight-forward, easy to follow, and I found a good spot to mount it. My problem is, I'm kind of a perfectionist and don't want it to look like a hack job, even tho nobody will ever see it. I am wrestling with the 6 gauge wire, trying desperately to get all 3 wires into their terminals with a minimum of bending and flexing of the wires. The 2 wires on the output side with the sensors were especially difficult. When I had it finished, I didn't like the looks of it and now intend to do it over (I was fortunate enough to have plenty of wire). Does anyone out there have any secrets to working with this heavy wire to help it go a bit easier? I've seen the pix Bingo posted awhile back, and they were helpful. In fact, it seems everyone on this forum who has tackled this job has had a fairly easy time of it. It was your testimonies that convinced me I could handle it. I'm a DIYer and didn't anticipate any problems, but this heavy gauge wire is tough to do a good, clean job with...for me, anyway.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote