View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Bigsky3625RE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12815
Wheel Well Clearance

Hey all. You may have seen where we upgraded to the hi-spec 17.5" wheels and the GY G114 tires.

I put them on myself and used the blocks under the leveling jacks. All went well. There was a slight "ping" on the drivers side when I lowered the trailer.

Took a trip of about 400 miles round trip. Temps. were great as was pressure.

I took the trailer (2012 Big Sky 3625RE) in for a few slide adjustments and for a wheel bearing repack. When I dropped of the trailer I noticed it was leaning on the drivers side. Upon closer inspection and comparing the curbside, there was at least 1 1/2" difference in clearance between the tire and the wheel well.

Asked the dealer to take a look as maybe the rubber shear was ripped. They took pictures and measurements and sent them Keystone for review.

Keystone cam back and said that is normal as there are 3 slides on the drivers side and it leans more that way.....

I say no. It never did before and the G114 tires are actually smaller in diameter than the G614's I took off.

Anyone else heard of this or had this problem? I was hoping they would find that the shear had a problem but no go.

Recommendations or am I being told the truth? I would hate to have the fenders rub on the tires.

Appreciate your insight as always!!!
Bigsky3625RE is offline   Reply With Quote