View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
BBQ Grill & Propane?

I have a Weber Q 200 BBQ I bought last year from Camping World and have been using the 6.4 oz. propane cylinders on it and it is great. Several months ago I decided to buy a Worthington 2 1/2 gal propane tank and a 5 ft propane hose from Camping World to use on the BBQ. First time I hooked the new tank (full) and hose to the BBQ nothing worked, no gass to the BBQ. I hooked and hooked the set up several times and still no gas to the BBQ. Hooked up one of the small 6.4 oz cylinders to the BBQ and everything ran fine. Called Camping World and they told me to bring the 5 ft hose back as some of the hoses did not work. Next time out same thing, hose and 2 1/2 gal tank hooked up and no gas to the BBQ. Called Campling World again and the told me to bring the hose and tank back and they would check it on one of their BBQ. Store manager said I may have to go to a bigger gas tank to get it to work right. QUESTION: What would the size of the tank have to do with working right on the BBQ. The BBQ has its own regulator on it and I told him that the tank would only effect volume but he still said some BBQ need a bigger tank. Am I right or is he right? It is also 50 miles to the Camping World and this will be my third trip to try ang get this right.

Frank
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote