View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Another Furnace issue!

Good Morning to all...I have read everything I could find on this forum regrding the Suburban furnace and LP gas hoses, regulators and lines..I asked a couple of questions and followed some of the advice given..my furnace finally just stopped heating and recycling..not working, just heating, propane tanks are half full on both sides, everything else works on LP as it should without any problem..I called in a tech to fix things up....as there is not tester to check out the board we went thru a question/answer period and he checked out other things...we decided to change the board ($160).,,,we pulled out the gas nozzle and found a touch of grit in there..we checked supply and found that there was a definite lack of LP coming thru and then adjusted the regulator...The tech then commented that the LP didnt smell right but dismissed it (althouhg he did say that LP gas can go the same as old diesel or gasoline..finally when everything is back in order..I still have one issue...the flipping thing still takes up to ten ignitions to lite the gas...sometimes it lites first time and next time it wont...during the burn it will pop and burp or make little exploding sounds..(similiar to air in the lines of a motor)....on one series of ignitions I placed my hand over the air intake and the furnace fired right up......so I am wondering IF I really do have a tank of bad LP gas???which is not as volatile as it is supposed to be???I beleive this tank was filled two years ago......I will be calling a supplier later...but thought I might ask around first...
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote