View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #12
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We have DirecTV and we did get the RV wavier. I know a lot of folks don't bother with that and they've never had any problems. So I guess they don't check too closely. We did opt for the east coast feeds. Nice thing about that is that we don't FT and when we are home we still get the east coast stuff. Nice to be able to watch some of the stuff 3 hours early out here on the west coast.

We usually just take one of our two receivers with us but we got a small TV for over our desk area in the 3295. So we took both receivers and each of us can watch whatever programs we want. So far the company has not objected. As long as we keep paying I suspect they won't. We also have DirecWay for our internet connection but they are separate companies with different issues.

Just get a portable dish or get one mounted on your rig and you should be all set. Once you've set up your system a couple of times you'll have no trouble hitting the satellite. Of course you can also get the automatic type and make it really easy!

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote