Thread: Retired...Again
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Retired...Again

My School bus driving days are over . Went to the school yesterday and had a chat with my Transportation manager. Very nice lady. I was only doing athletic trips and charters since Helen retired and did not do much of that last year not to mention we are not home very much any more. I was ready to call it quits but needed some self justification. Turns out the school in in financial trouble(private school) and the board was looking for ways to cut cost in transportation. She was concerned that they were going to ask her to combine routes and lay off a driver. I am Number two in seniority so did not have to worry about that but the lady that would fall out the bottom needed the job so that was the justification I needed.
Over the last 10 years school bus driving bought both of our big Ford trucks and the 3400 and has paid for our travel and winters as well as building up a nice travel account . We are greatful. Helen's Disney work will pay for our winters..and who knows..I might even find something to do ??? I always wanted to pump gas , clean windows and check oil at a gas station..but no one does that any more.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote