View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Keep em Coming, NE CG's

Never been to the North East before, will be leaving FL this April travelling up the coast all the way to Maine. I would like some ideas on where to camp. We would like to see: Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Cape Hatteras, Savannah, Wash DC, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Bangor and any interesting points in between. I know this is a large list but really looking for some good advice on CG's. Would like to stay at places that offer trips and tours into big cities and surrounding places to see. I guess looking forward to centrally located parks.

PM me or reply to this post would be great. Prefer rustic, but realize that may not be possible, will be travelling with sis and BIL and they require full hookups so I imagine alot of state and federal parks may not be options.

This will probably be our one and final trip up this way so would like to take in as much as possible. Planning on exiting Vermont/New Hamsphire with the fall colors.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks everyone in advance for replying!!!!!!

Love the info so far, please keep em coming. We will be all over the NE this summer and not sure exactly where to stay or what to see other than the typical tourist places; Niagara Falls, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Central Park, Coney Island, Liberty Bell, Maine Lobster (this we'll eat of course). I know this is a small list and there are lots to see but just need some help. Any suggestions will be appreciated......

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote