View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
New one even for Missions

This past May on our way home from Florida we stopped in Charlotte, NC to see grand kids (and the kids too - I guess). when pulling into our campsite at Camp Wilderness we ran over a piece of metal and punctured the right rear tire on the Monty. AAA was called and they fixed the flat with a plug. We have driven a little over a thousand miles since then and yesterday on our way back to Florida while driving through West Virginia the plug was "spit" out. I have never seen a plug just expelled from a tire like that! The tire started going down but luckily we are taking a car down with us this winter and Julie was following me and saw it right away. We pulled into the next parking lot big enough and luckily no damage was done at all. I took the spare down while we were waiting for AAA and was quite surprised at the amount of wear the tires on the trailer are showing. I would say half or more of the tread is gone. Never saw trailer tires wear this fast. It has only been two and a half years of wear - WOW
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote